Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Egg Veggie Salad Wrap

My freezer and pantry stock piles are seriously dwindled. I am still not used to making everything from scratch. I really need to work on getting a schedule made up so that I can plan my shopping accordingly. Coming up with last minute dinner ideas is really getting difficult. When you make things from scratch, you cannot do it at the last minute. I did come up with a pretty good option though. I did use store bought tortillas tonight, though. I can't wait to get my grain and a tortilla press. Really, tortillas should have like two ingredients. There is no need for them to have all that other junk that they put in the store bought ones.

Mix the following ingredients together in a bowl:
  • 6 hard-boiled eggs chopped (farm fresh of course)
  • 1/2 c. chopped cucumber
  • 1/2 c. chopped zucchini
  • 1/4 c. shredded carrot
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion

Stir together the following, then pour over the egg mixture and combine:

  • 1/4 c. organic greek yogurt (plain)
  • 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. almond milk
  • 1/4 tsp basil
  • 1/4 tsp paprika

Layer one whole wheat tortilla, romaine lettuce leaf, chopped plum tomato, egg mixture. Roll up and enjoy. It should make about 6.

No comments: