Wednesday, February 3, 2010

KinderBach

Is it ever too early to introduce your child to music? I've heard research that says to play music to the child in the womb. I don't know how much of that is true, but I do know the joy on a children's face when they are enjoying music. The next question is, how early should I introduce my child to the piano? Well, KinderBach has lessons to introduce piano to children between the ages of 2 and 7. All you need to do the lessons are a computer with internet access and a keyboard or piano. It does not need to be a full keyboard. If all you have is a small electronic one, that will work just fine.


We received a three-month trial to review KinderBach. I tried it with my 7-year old. I think the goal is to do one lesson a day. However, he wouldn't quit. He just wanted to keep doing lessons. He would do a several weeks worth of lessons in one day. He would probably have kept right on going if I didn't make him stop. The program mostly teaches by video, but there are some PDF printouts to go along with most lessons. That is the only reason I would make him stop. He would just keep printing the lessons, and I was going through a ton of paper. It's a good thing we invested in that laser printer. I'm sure with a younger child they would move at a more normal pace. He is at the upper end of age for whom the program is designed and could just fly through the lessons.


The online membership for KinderBach starts at $7.99/month if you pay for the year up front. If you choose to pay monthly, the cost is $19.99/month. Before you decide, visit their website to check out the video explaining the program, as well as free sample lessons.


I received no other compensation for my review.

No comments: