Sunday, November 2, 2008

Monster Mouth Pasta

So, we had a party today. We were celebrating Evan's 6th birthday, my wonderful husband's 36th birthday, and their favorite halloween. We had the party 2 days after halloween, so we could get all the decorations at half off. OK, that's not really why. It just kind of worked out that way. We got a book halloween food and crafts from the grocery store a while back. I thought it would be kind of fun to try out some of the cool ideas. A few of them ended up being really good, so I will be adding the recipes into my meal rotation. My favorite was the pasta. I will not add all the decorating steps. I'll leave that up to your imagination. Here's the recipe:

1 tsp of vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 slices of bacon
1 lb ground beef
2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
4 slices American cheese, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 pkg jumbo pasta shells (about 18 shells), cooked and drained

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 13x9 baking dish. Heat oil in large skillet over medium. Add onion and bacon; cook until onion is tender. Add beef; cook and stir until beef is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into cooked shells; place in prepared baking dish. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until hot.

No comments: