Monday, March 23, 2009

"Just How Important Are Communication Skills Anyway?"

"Just How Important Are Communication Skills Anyway?" is a WeE-book from The Schoolhouse Store. My first encounter with author JoJo Tabares was online through a homeschooling support group she organizes. I am an avid reader of her Art of Eloquence blog, and have wanted, for some time, to try one of her communication studies. Therefore, when the opportunity arose to review one of her books, I was genuinely excited.

This is a great book for parents just beginning their homeschooling journey. I remember starting out, wondering, "What do I need to teach my child?" Communication skills are essential for everyone, student or not. Each person has their own unique way of communicating. This book is a great reminder of how God intended us to communicate. This book, however, is just the tip of the iceberg. It is really a lead in to the "Say What You Mean" series by JoJo Tabares. It did reiterate the importance of, not only teaching my children good communication skills, but also working on my own.

No comments: