Friday, October 10, 2008

Boy Meets Girl Equals Techno Failure

This is kind of a random post, out of the normal school or inspiration catagories. I used to be very tech friendly. My dad brought home our first Commodore 64 when I was 9. I loved it. I excelled at it. I took every kind of computer class I could in school. Starting with typing, all the way through computer programming. I have never had a problem figuring out technological stuff. Until I met Chris. You know how it is. A boy meets a girl, he wants to think he knows more than the girl, so the girl acts all impressed by his knowledge and pretends to know nothing. The girl just lets the boy take care of all the technological stuff. Skip ahead in time 12 or so years. The girl got lazy and now the boy really does know more than the girl. It's not that I'm a total moron when it comes to technology. But I realized I was a little out of touch when my ten yo son showed me that there are games on my Ipod. What? How is it that I went from being totally in touch with the future to my son knows more than me? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I need to stop being so lazy and start paying better attention to technological things. Though I do need to add, that I am very impressed with my son and his tech savvy. The amount of stuff he knows is amazing. Now if I could just get him to apply that to his schoolwork, the world would be a wonderful place. Well, at least my world would be.

1 comment:

Randi Sue said...

I can just see you as a 9 yo girl, so excited about what her dad brought home. I bet your dad was excited, too.